ISUZU launches the ‘mu-X’ with the tagline All Muscle – All Heart SUV
• Launched with a 3.0 Litre engine in 4x2 and 4x4 variants in Automatic Transmission.
• Offers best-in-class space and comfort with aggressive styling and safety features.
Isuzu Motors India today launched the ISUZU ‘mu-X’ for the Indian market. Powering the ISUZU mu-X is the iconic 3 L ISUZU diesek engine which churns out 130 kW (177 PS) of power and 380 nm of torque. The mu-X is offered in both 4x2 and 4x4 variants with a sequential shift Automatic Transmission. The mu-X will be built at ISUZU’s new state-of-the-art manufacturing plant at Sri City in Andhra Pradesh.
The All Muscle – All Heart SUV is a perfect combination for those buyers who seek not only style, power and a dominating road
presence but also want to have the best-in-class space and comfort for their family.
Speaking at the occasion, Mr. Hiroshi Nakagawa, Director of the Board and Managing Executive Officer, Isuzu Motors Ltd, said, “India is a key market for ISUZU globally and is also a future hub of our global manufacturing operations. We will continue to invest in the Indian operations and also bring in the best technology and engineering that ISUZU has to offer globally. ISUZU is globally renowned for making tough, reliable and fuel efficient vehicles that are known to be engineered for life. The mu-X embodies these characteristics and will be built at our state-of-the-art manufacturing plant at Sri City with the same exacting quality standards that have made ISUZU a trusted brand all over the world.”
Mr. Hitoshi Kono, Deputy Managing Director, Isuzu Motors India, added, “The ISUZU mu-X is the perfect SUV for the modern Indian SUV buyer and it has been designed to offer the perfect combination of style, power and road presence while also providing excellent space and comfort. The Indian market for SUVs is now coming of age and we are excited to be present here in these times with our latest offering. We are confident the mu-X will set a new benchmark for full size premium SUVs in India.”
- The mu-X is powered by the 3.0 litre ISUZU Ddi VGS Turbo Hi-Power engine which gives a maximum power output of 130 kW (177 PS) and a maximum torque of 380 Nm with a superior flat torque curve. The mu-X will be available in both 4x2 and 4x4 variants with a 5 speed sequential shift Automatic Transmission. The 4x4 variant sports a ‘shift-on-the-fly’ 4x4 select dial for an excellent off-roading capability.
- On the exterior, the mu-X is styled with a tiger-inspired dynamic and muscular exterior that make it look truly spectacular and dominating on the road, a must have characteristic for a sports utility vehicle in this class.
- ISUZU vehicles are renowned for their tough build and the mu-X stays true to this reputation with a high tensile steel body with tailor welded blanks and crumple zones with anti-intrusion bars.
- Advanced active safety systems like ESC (Electronic Stability Control), TCS (Traction Control System) and ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) with EBA (Emergency Brake Assist) and EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution) along with a host of passive safety systems provide enhanced safety under unfavourable driving conditions.
- A key aspect of the mu-X is the 3rd row seating which allows full-size adults comfortable seating with ample leg room and foot-well. Another key aspect is the fully folding second row seat with a one-touch fold-and-tumble feature with maximum ingress space. The third row is no longer an excuse for adults to avoid.
- The full size 7 seater SUV has been designed to provide the best-in-class space inside the vehicle, one of the unique features of the mu-X. Along with space, the mu-X sports other creature comforts, along with superior options for entertainment. All this and much more make the mu-X a formidable entrant in the premium full size 7 seater SUV market.
- ISUZU mu-X
- The concept of All Muscle. All Heart.
- The world of SUVs is a world of duality; a duality that is characterised by a divergence between what the SUV buyer wants as an individual – style, power and a dominating road presence versus what the buyer’s family seeks from the SUV – spaciousness and comfort. The Indian SUV buyer faces this compromise more often than the SUV buyer anywhere else in the world, and often times has to choose one over the other.
- With the ISUZU mu-X, this compromise will be a thing of the past.
- The ISUZU mu-X has been designed to offer the best of both worlds. It is equal parts Muscle – for the individual’s needs and equal parts Heart – for the family’s needs.
- All Muscle, for the aggressive muscular design, the tough tank-like build, the legendary ISUZU engine for superior performance and an exceptional off-roading capability; All Heart, for the best-in-class interior space, including that in the 3rd row, excellent ride comfort and stability, and a host of active and passive safety systems.
- The ISUZU mu-X has been designed to offer the following key value propositions -
- Styled to stand out
- The ISUZU mu-X gets its aggressive demeanour from the Tiger-inspired dynamic and muscular exterior. With its double slat chrome grille, multi-spoke diamond-cut alloy wheels, and two-tone front and rear bumpers, its dominant road presence makes it stand out everywhere.
- Live Limitless
- ISUZU is well known around the world for making engines that stand for strength. Durable, reliable, and fuel-efficient are just some of the traits associated with ISUZU engines, which are proudly 'engineered for life'. The 3.0 litre Ddi VGS Turbo Hi-Power engine in the new mu-X provides a maximum power of 130 kW (177 PS) along with a flat torque curve, which give it smooth and superior performance even at low RPMs. On the other hand, its advanced anti-friction induction hardened cylinder bores, heavy-duty steel timing chain, graphite coated pistons and other special design features ensure that the new ISUZU mu-X outmuscles everything else on the road.
- Take on the world
- The mu-X loves to flex its muscles on a daredevil adventure from time to time. It goes from a highway cruiser to an off-roading beast within seconds with the ‘Shift-on-the-fly’ 4x4 select dial with low and high range. Its excellent ground clearance, superior approach, departure and breakover angles give the confidence to explore any kind of terrain. Featuring a double wishbone front suspension, a heavy duty gearbox and a wide track with long wheel base for extra stability, in addition to the front steel underbody plates for protection, the mu-X has all the muscle needed to take on any adventure.
- Live fearless
- The ISUZU mu-X is an SUV that’s designed for both the individual as well as the family at its heart. Its high tensile steel body with tailor-welded blanks and crumple zones with anti-intrusion bars make it a protective cocoon, keeping the occupants safe from the dangers on the road. It is also equipped with the modern and sophisticated active and passive safety features. Equipped with Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control System (TCS), 4 Channel 4 Sensor ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) with EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution), and sensors that actively monitor driving conditions, these active safety systems keep the mu-X in full control on every terrain. On the other hand, passive features like dual front airbags, front seat belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters, and 3 ISOFIX child seat anchorage provide superior protection during unfavourable conditions.
- Feels like home
- The ISUZU mu-X isn't just a spacious 7-seater SUV, but also an SUV with a big heart. With its soft leather seats, adjustable headrests for all seats and a comfortable third row, everyone travelling along, whether kids or grandparents, will never be short of comfort. The one touch split/fold seats in both, the second and third row, make sure that there is enough room for the whole family including luggage when travelling for a long vacation. It also features a twin cockpit design with easily accessible controls for both, the driver and the front passenger. In addition to these, the Penta-Link rear suspension provides excellent comfort for all passengers, while the supremely spacious cabin features a number of smart storage compartments. So no matter where it goes, the mu-X always feels like home.
- Stardom for Seven
- With an array of features designed for comfort and convenience, the new ISUZU mu-X is almost like a personal air-conditioned theatre on wheels. While the mu-X is busy conquering the terrain, the passengers stay fully entertained in the rear with the roof-mounted 10-inch DVD entertainment monitor and great surround sound. The driver seat too features 6-way power adjustable control for prolonged comfort even on long road trips.
Edited by Atul Bandhu