A distinctive concoction of sweet and balmy taste, cinnamon is a spice which is widely used around the world for its many medicinal properties as well as pleasant flavour. The unique smell, color, and flavor of cinnamon is due to the oily part of the tree that it grows from.The bark of the Cinnamon tree contains its actual healthy properties. Some health benefits of this spice are:
1. High Source of Antioxidants - To date, there have been about 41 different protective compounds of cinnamon and helps in repairing cell damages as well as ageing process.
2. Contains Anti-Inflammatory Properties - The antioxidants in cinnamon have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help lower the risk of heart disease, cancer, brain function decline, and more.
3. Regulates Heart Health - It reduces several factors for heart disease, including high cholesterol levels, high triglyceride levels, and high blood pressure.
4. Fights Diabetes - Cinnamon is known to have an anti-diabetic effect. It helps lower blood sugar levels and also can improve sensitivity to the hormone insulin.
5. Fights Infections & Viruses - Cinnamon is essentially an anti-microbial, anti-biotic, anti-fungal, and anti-viral agent. The immune-boosting abilities of cinnamon are found in cinnamon’s essential oils.